Who should attend:
Executive Headship, or Improving your Practice as an experienced Headteacher
Are you interested in working more effectively and collaboratively through a MAT or a federation of schools?
Maybe you are more than content as a head of one school, but feel pressure to consider 'MATting' or federating, in the current climate?
Maybe you are already heading up a MAT/federation and want to consider what you are doing best, and what you want to do better?
If any of the above apply then this is the course for you.
This course considers how best to lead a MAT/federation in a highly practical day to day way. The sessions are based on findings from action research regarding what works and what doesn't.
- you can't work twice as hard with twice as many schools; you already work too hard as it is
- what works in one setting, might fall on barren ground in another
- if you are an effective leader because you are 'hands on,' can you still work that way across more than one setting?
The course consists of 5 half day sessions on
What works best and what doesn't with regard to ....
- Structure & collaboration
- Process, ethos, vision
- Set up and first steps
- Session 5 involves a Q & A session with current successful MAT/federation leaders.
Leader(s): Miranda Perry, BPSI Adviser