Who should attend:
Headteachers and Deputy Headteachers only (Assistant Heads should attend the session for all other school staff)
Helping Heads and Deputy Heads to understand and manage areas of conflict which may arise when working with staff teams, parents, governing bodies and external agencies. Through case studies, group exercises and discussion, this programme explores different ways of dealing with difficult issues and managing conflict.
At the end of the programme, participants will have:
- Reviewed why conflict occurs
- Explored how difficult issues can arise in schools
- Discussed the importance of school leadership dealing swiftly with difficult issues
- Reflected on attitudes to different issues
- Examined why conflict is often avoided
- Considered the repercussions that can arise by not dealing with these issues
- Learnt to recognise their own response to conflict and pondered on different responses.
Leader(s): Stephanie Segal, BPSI Adviser