Who should attend:
Assistant Heads, SENCOs, Teachers, Teaching Assistants, School Business Managers and Administrators
Helping participants to understand and manage possible areas of conflict which may arise when working with staff teams, parents, governing bodies and external agencies. Through case studies, group exercises and discussion, this programme explores different ways of dealing with difficult issues and managing conflict.
At the end of the programme, participants will have:
- Reviewed why conflict occurs
- Explored how difficult issues can arise in schools
- Reflected on attitudes to different issues
- Examined why conflict is often avoided
- Considered the repercussions that can arise by not dealing with these issues
- Learnt to recognise their own response to conflict and pondered on different responses.
Leader(s): Stephanie Segal, BPSI Adviser